The Senior Class is ready and willing to receive your donations of used items for the April 28th Flea Market. Please bring your items to the storage room under the HS stairs leading to the Student Center (near the HS Pop Machine) and neatly stack your items as far from the door as possible. Large furniture items must wait to be brought to the school until Friday, April 27th at 4 pm.
高中畢業班已經準備好並且願意接受4月28日跳蚤市場的舊物品捐贈。 請將您的物品帶到通往學生中心（鄰近H飲料販賣機旁）的HS樓梯下的儲藏室內，並將物品盡可能整齊地堆放在盡可能離門最遠的地方。 大型家具必須等到4月27日星期五下午4點送到學校。
Summer Math Course
The Counseling Center in collaboration with the Math Department have revised the procedures for taking a summer math course for credit (see below)
- Students can take the following three courses during the summer following CC, principal, and Math Department head approval:
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Students must have a 90% or higher in two consecutive math courses to be eligible to take a summer mathematics course. (The two classes immediately before the class you wish to take)
- If a student takes a summer course, then the student must take an “exit exam” on the first day of school after summer break. Morrison will only acknowledge the summer course provided they receive an 80% or higher on this test. A lower score will require the student to repeat the course.
High School Service Club Opportunity 高中服務俱樂部機會
If you would like to help us raise money for Charity Water, donate money here. Our goal is 300 USD, which will give 10 people access to clean water, by March 31!
如果您有意願幫助我們籌集費用給Charity Water機構，請在這裡捐款。我們的目標是 $300 美金，這將在3月31日之前為10人提供乾淨的水！
C3 Conference – Are you looking for ways to grow in your faith and learn how you can impact your friends for Christ? The 3rd Annual Asia-based ACSI Student Leadership Conference will be held August 2-6, 2018 right here at home on Morrison’s campus. This conference will focus on discipleship and practical ways to growth in your faith, as well as to lead others through your example. For more information, please visit http://www.mca.org.tw/student-life/c3-conference/. Registration deadline is April 1. Complete your application online. Please see Mr. Roloff with any questions.
AIR QUALITY CONCERNS
Air pollution has become a frequent issue in Taichung and has gained increased attention in recent days. The school is fully aware of our city’s deteriorating air quality and would like to ensure parents that we are taking appropriate steps to ensure your child’s safety. Our campus safety monitors, recess monitors, athletic directors and PE teachers use reliable sources to accurately measure the air quality index (AQI). AQI is a nationally and internationally recognized standard measurement that indicates air pollution levels.
空氣污染已成為台中經常遇到的問題，近日來受到越來越多的關注。 學校充分意識到我們的城市空氣品質日益惡化，並希望確保家長知道我們正在採取適當措施確保您的孩子的安全。 我們的校園安全監控員，下課時間監控人員，體育總監和體育教師使用可靠的資源準確地測量空氣質量指標（AQI）。 空氣質量指標是國家和國際上公認的指示空氣污染水平的標準指標。
Morrison currently monitors AQI from the following sources:
- The Taiwan Environmental Protection Administration (a website utilized by Taichung’s Education Department)
- A smart phone app by AirVisual (the largest international air quality database)
- And a portable air quality meter (PAQM)* which measures AQI on site and at ground level.
The PAQM measurements have shown remarkable correlation with the other two sources. Although correlation is consistent, actual AQI measurements from each source may differ to some degree. This may be due to factors such as wind direction, wind speed, local dust and emissions and specific location of measuring device. Nonetheless, to ensure maximum safety, the school will always use the highest, most dangerous reading to direct our outdoor activity guidelines. Each of these sources takes the AQI measurement and labels it according to the following categories, which constitutes school protocol:
- GREEN – good to go
- 綠色 – 安全範圍
- YELLOW – exercise discretion and be sensitive to students with asthma or other related breathing difficulties (assign alternative inside exercises for such students)
- 黃色 – 行使自由裁量權，對哮喘或其他有呼吸困難的敏感學生（為這些學生分配室內活動）
- RED to PURPLE – cancel outdoor recess and outdoor PE / after-school sport (indoor should still be fine)
- 紅色到紫色 – 取消戶外體育課 /課後運動（可從事室內活動）
We trust that this brief will bring some peace of mind. Please do not hesitate to share your concerns if you have any. We welcome your input and feedback. The safety of your children are of the utmost importance to us.
我相信這封信會帶給家長一些安心。 如果您有任何疑問，請不要猶豫分享您的疑慮。 我們歡迎您的意見和反饋。 你們孩子的安全對我們至關重要。
Senior Parents: Weekly prayer meeting (Weds. 8:15-9:15am) – Prayer Room (above the library)