See you at the pool!
The weather this week is starting to get hot enough to start open swim at the Morrison Aquatic Center (the pool).
Here’s the schedule for the next few weeks:
4/15 Sunday – open swim 2:00 – 4:30
4/21 Saturday – EMS BBQ 11:00 – 2:00
– open swim 2:00 – 4:00
4/22 Sunday – open swim 2:00 – 4:30
4/28 Saturday – open swim 2:00 – 4:30
4/29 Sunday – open swim 2:00 – 4:30
– Family $2000NT; Individual $1000NT,
– punch cards are 12 punches for $1000
– single visit $100NT
PAC EMS FAMILY BBQ 家長委員會 中小學家庭烤肉日
Make sure you purchase your tickets for the EMS Family BBQ ASAP! The event will take place on Saturday, April 21 from 11am-2pm. All parents who have children in the EMS are welcome to join—bring the entire family! There will be a lot of great food, plus some special activities for children of all ages. The pool, climbing wall, and gymnasiums will be open and free for all ticket holders. Ticket prices are as follows: Adult- NT$250 each, Child- NT$150 each, family ticket- NT$700. Children ages 2 and under are free. The deadline to purchase tickets is April 18.
請儘速購買您的中小學家庭烤肉日門票！ 活動將於4月21日星期六上午11點至下午2點舉行。 所有中小學有孩子的家長都歡迎加入—歡迎帶來整個家庭來參加！ 將會有很多美味的食物，以及為所有年齡兒童設計的活動。 游泳池，攀岩牆和體育館將向所有持票者免費開放。 票價如下：成人 – 每人250新台幣，兒童 – 新台幣150元，家庭票 – 新台幣700元。 2歲及以下的兒童免費。 購票的截止日期是4月18日。
Ray of Hope希望之光: This is a crisis pregnancy center in Tainan. Nine years ago, they started a second hand clothes store where their clients can work. There are now five clients, who have all adopted their children, living with the founders and working in the store. In their area, there are a lot more men who have been coming for the clothes. As you do spring cleaning and have mens’ clothes to donate, please consider bringing it to the front office to bless Ray of Hope!
Spring Musical is Here: featuring SNOOPY!
The Senior Class is ready and willing to receive your donations of used items for the April 28th Flea Market. Please bring your items to the storage room under the HS stairs leading to the Student Center (near the HS Pop Machine) and neatly stack your items as far from the door as possible. Large furniture items must wait to be brought to the school until Friday, April 27th at 4 pm.
高中畢業班已經準備好並且願意接受4月28日跳蚤市場的舊物品捐贈。 請將您的物品帶到通往學生中心（鄰近H飲料販賣機旁）的HS樓梯下的儲藏室內，並將物品盡可能整齊地堆放在盡可能離門最遠的地方。 大型家具必須等到4月27日星期五下午4點送到學校。
Summer Math Course
The Counseling Center in collaboration with the Math Department have revised the procedures for taking a summer math course for credit (see below)
- Students can take the following three courses during the summer following CC, principal, and Math Department head approval:
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Students must have a 90% or higher in two consecutive math courses to be eligible to take a summer mathematics course. (The two classes immediately before the class you wish to take)
- If a student takes a summer course, then the student must take an “exit exam” on the first day of school after summer break. Morrison will only acknowledge the summer course provided they receive an 80% or higher on this test. A lower score will require the student to repeat the course.
C3 Conference – Are you looking for ways to grow in your faith and learn how you can impact your friends for Christ? The 3rd Annual Asia-based ACSI Student Leadership Conference will be held August 2-6, 2018 right here at home on Morrison’s campus. This conference will focus on discipleship and practical ways to growth in your faith, as well as to lead others through your example. For more information, please visit http://www.mca.org.tw/student-life/c3-conference/. Registration deadline is April 1. Complete your application online. Please see Mr. Roloff with any questions.
AIR QUALITY CONCERNS
Air pollution has become a frequent issue in Taichung and has gained increased attention in recent days. The school is fully aware of our city’s deteriorating air quality and would like to ensure parents that we are taking appropriate steps to ensure your child’s safety. Our campus safety monitors, recess monitors, athletic directors and PE teachers use reliable sources to accurately measure the air quality index (AQI). AQI is a nationally and internationally recognized standard measurement that indicates air pollution levels.
空氣污染已成為台中經常遇到的問題，近日來受到越來越多的關注。 學校充分意識到我們的城市空氣品質日益惡化，並希望確保家長知道我們正在採取適當措施確保您的孩子的安全。 我們的校園安全監控員，下課時間監控人員，體育總監和體育教師使用可靠的資源準確地測量空氣質量指標（AQI）。 空氣質量指標是國家和國際上公認的指示空氣污染水平的標準指標。
Morrison currently monitors AQI from the following sources:
- The Taiwan Environmental Protection Administration (a website utilized by Taichung’s Education Department)
- A smart phone app by AirVisual (the largest international air quality database)
- And a portable air quality meter (PAQM)* which measures AQI on site and at ground level.
The PAQM measurements have shown remarkable correlation with the other two sources. Although correlation is consistent, actual AQI measurements from each source may differ to some degree. This may be due to factors such as wind direction, wind speed, local dust and emissions and specific location of measuring device. Nonetheless, to ensure maximum safety, the school will always use the highest, most dangerous reading to direct our outdoor activity guidelines. Each of these sources takes the AQI measurement and labels it according to the following categories, which constitutes school protocol:
- GREEN – good to go
- 綠色 – 安全範圍
- YELLOW – exercise discretion and be sensitive to students with asthma or other related breathing difficulties (assign alternative inside exercises for such students)
- 黃色 – 行使自由裁量權，對哮喘或其他有呼吸困難的敏感學生（為這些學生分配室內活動）
- RED to PURPLE – cancel outdoor recess and outdoor PE / after-school sport (indoor should still be fine)
- 紅色到紫色 – 取消戶外體育課 /課後運動（可從事室內活動）
We trust that this brief will bring some peace of mind. Please do not hesitate to share your concerns if you have any. We welcome your input and feedback. The safety of your children are of the utmost importance to us.
我相信這封信會帶給家長一些安心。 如果您有任何疑問，請不要猶豫分享您的疑慮。 我們歡迎您的意見和反饋。 你們孩子的安全對我們至關重要。
Senior Parents: Weekly prayer meeting (Weds. 8:15-9:15am) – Prayer Room (above the library)