Library Mission Statement
The Morrison Academy Library Media Center Program exists to collaborate with the Morrison faculty and students to become effective and discerning users of ideas and information.
To accomplish this mission, we:
- Provide materials and design instructional programs that foster critical thinking.
- Provide materials that stimulate interest in reading, viewing and using information and ideas in order to become lifelong learners
- Train students how to evaluate information from a Biblical Worldview
- Train students to be ethical users of other’s ideas
- Collaborate with other educators to assist students to be effective communicators of ideas
- Provide space and opportunity for exhibition of student talent, and cultural expression
- Monday – Wednesday, 7:30 am – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, 8:30 – 4:30 PM
- Friday, 7:30 – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday evenings, 7:00 pm – 9:00 PM
Scott Pagel (Library Media Specialist)
Floyd Lima (Library Assistant)
Liana Peleo (Library Assistant)
Pam Schmidt (Library Assistant)
Judy Chen (Library Assistant)
04-2292-1171, ext 330 (Circulation Desk)
04-2292-1171, ext 430 (Librarian Office)
email@example.com (Mr. Pagel’s Email)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Circulation Desk)
Loan Policy for Parents and HS Students
- Maximum 10 regular books for two weeks (renewable).
- Fines will be charged on late 3-day loan books, overnight materials, and (after an email warning) overdue books required by other patrons.
- Holds, inter-library loans, recommended websites, book recommendations and reviews and more can be accessed by logging in to the Library Catalog, as can links to the library’s subscription electronic resources. Electronic subscriptions include a periodical and journal database (EBSCO), an encyclopedia (Britannica), reference databases on history and science (Facts on File), and more.
- The Library has a digital selection of magazines through Flipster which can be accessed via the Library web site. If you have any questions, please ask a librarian.
Printing and Copying
- Patrons may print or copy a reasonable amount of school-related material in B&W on the Library copier. Personal copying and printing may be charged.
- Email to Floyd Lima or talk to Mr. Lima in person for help with research.
- There is full Wi-Fi access for student laptops in-library, as well as own devices. For own devices, please ask a library staff member for the current password.